ESPN's Bottom Line Widget

2011-06-15

{Sports} Who the F*** Cares????

Where has this ridiculous burning desire to find the next sports great come from? I understand wanting to see the best of the best execute at a level us regular "athletes" can only dream of, but to coin someone the "KING" before even he steps on the real hardwood, or the greatest that ever lived, or comparing the guy to one of our sports legends just because he won a big game is absolutely freaking absurd.

What is wrong with these people? Is it as simple as ESPN has followed suit with the CNN's and Fox News' of the world to make for one exaggerated narrative that we are drowning in via Twitter, Facebook and this blog and many others like it? Always shooting up with the freshest piece of news, coming to a conclusion before even thinking about it and believing everything you're seeing and hearing? Enough of this nonsense! Think about something before you are ready to fight for it. Believe in love, understanding, knowledge and peace, not some young kid making millions of dollars playing a game.

I love sports, and will until the day I die, but to make it into this soap opera is tarnishing that one thing we have as fans, the ability to have the best of both worlds. We can live our daily lives and at the end of a hard day come home, turn on the television or go to the bar or arena and see ourselves dunking on Okafor in the playoffs, scoring on Tim Thomas with seconds left or wearing the pinstripes for the greatest sports organization of all time, The New York Yankees.

Enjoy the game for what it is, a bunch of guys and girls lucky enough to harness their talents in such a direction they take something ordinary and make it extraordinary. Enough is enough, relax everyone, sports is equaling politics with the type of foolish notions and hardcore beliefs leaving no room for logic and rationale. Fight the urge, don't let it happen, for me and the rest of the fans out there.

1 comments:

Dr. Hoops said...

I can see what you are saying but to say that we have no logic and rationale when we crown Lebron James as King - to me, I think you're wrong. Because at 250 lbs, 6ft 8in, a guranteed starter at any position 1-5, strong, durable, charismatic, high-flying, and truly and wholly an all around powerhouse, this man is a freak of nature. He is a monster. He is an alien. He is extreme. He. Is. Not. Human. NOW don't get me wrong I am not telling you that this is not something we have not see before. Many people that go down in history books to be remembered forever - I wonder if they could ALL be aliens... JUST KIDDING. My point is Lebron James is kind of like a robot. Human scientists created him and programmed him as a copy of their own human brains - transferring all basketball skills and all the necessary technology to succeed as a human. Only problem is, they couldn't give him balls. Because when we say balls now in 2011, we are not talking about testicles any more. We are talking about something much deeper than that. To have a passion for something, to stand up for what you believe, to work as hard as you can, to protect and respect your people, and most importantly to come through in the clutch. When you need that person the most they are always there. They have balls. NOW so many of us today in 2011 don't have it in us. Probably the people who created Lebron didn't have balls. So they had no clue how to program that into his robot. And that is my point, Lebron is near perfect in every aspect of him game, but his one and only struggle is to perform in the clutch. Ya know, he did great against the Bull. And seriously, against the Celtics he was a bleeping super hero. He performed at the highest level - and you could see it very clearly - he wanted it. Then, against the Mavs - he lost that look. Maybe I am being too dramatic. But I could have sworn I saw a number of plays where I felt like he didn't even make an effort on D. Was he tired?? So, every other game he seems to be perfectly conditioned, but now all of a sudden in the finals he is exhausted. He is a young guy. ANYWAY, this is all a dead end anyway because regardless of whether Lebron can or CANNOT close, we have Dwayne Wade. So Lebron might think - hey I can just do the dirty work and then DWade can come in and close. And ya know what, that is kind of what happened in that last game.... Lebron felt some urge to lay back - I am sure he has seen highlights from 2006. Wade, crossover, steps back HITS the J!!! Wade, comes off the pick, OHHHHH!!! He knows what Wade is capable of and Wade has made it perfectly clear to him that "I have been here before". So I must say, a very large percentage of the blame for this year's loss must rest on Dwayne Wade's shoulders. Now, I do think this is fuel to the fire for next year. Next year I promise will be the sickest year for the NBA and the Miami Heat. It will be full throttle for the Heat. We could win over 70 games with EASE. These guys will be angry.

Post a Comment

 
Design by Wordpress Theme | Bloggerized by Free Blogger Templates | Macys Printable Coupons